Let's Snack: Peppermint Popcorn S'mores Bark Recipe
Who doesn’t like bark during the holidays? You get chocolatey, crunchy goodness in every bite, and that’s something I can never resist.
Over the years, I’ve missed snacking on bark because it was hard to find with all vegan ingredients, so I decided to make some and share the recipe with you.
When I found out that the first-ever Peppermint Bark Day (we can thank our friends at Williams-Sonoma for this) was set for December 1 of this year, I had to partake in the fun. (Peppermint anything is my absolute favorite!) I landed on this delicious recipe on Pinterest, and I veganized it! It took a little driving around town to find vegan marshmallows and graham crackers, but I'm happy to report that they do exist!
For this recipe, you’ll need a handful of ingredients including our Organic Peppermint Popcorn. If you’re not a peppermint lover, don’t worry, you can sub it out for our OG Organic Kettle Corn or get fancy with our 24K Gold Popcorn!
You can make this treat year-round, but it’s especially perfect for all winter celebrations to share with those you love.
Let’s dig in...
Major’s Peppermint Popcorn S'mores Bark
- Two bags of Major’s Project Pop Peppermint Pop
- 2 cups of vegan marshmallows (I used Dandies)
- 5 vegan graham crackers, broken
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 cups of vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Organic candy canes, optional
- Himalayan pink salt, optional
- Organic ground cinnamon, optional
- Pour two bags of Peppermint Pop into a sheet pan or cake pan
- Evenly layer on the marshmallows, broken graham crackers, and shredded coconuts
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate onto the dry ingredients
- Add crushed candy canes, salt, and cinnamon, if desired
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes and serve
Let us know what you think in the comments, and tag us on Instagram. Head over there now to see some oh-so-delicious videos from my kitchen!
P.S. I recommend enjoying this bark with a cold brew or a glass of sweet red wine!